Saturday, January 13

Les Misérables

Miserable. I feel so miserable…

Why am I choosing to make myself so miserable? Why do I care so much about petty issues? Why do I take everything that happened as a personal attack against me?

Yes. I chose to make myself miserable. I don’t usually expect anything from people but after what had happened, I realized that subconsciously I expected more from you, my friend. I guess that’s why I am so upset and angry yesterday. Every action that you make, I took it personally, although you have not done so intentionally. That’s how I choose to make myself miserable. The more you did, the more I got angry. That is because I did not give you the benefit of the doubt. It is not your fault, really! It’s the way I chose to handle the situation, that made me miserable.

I chose to feel that it is a masquerade party. I chose to feel that everyone around me is wearing a mask. You guys can go on pretending nothing has happened. Well, nothing has really happened, besides some minor issue of some spoilt brat making a fuss of trivial issues and wanting attention.

I chose to be childish, scrutinizing every little detail, remembering all the insignificant matters of the past. Every valid reason that you gave, I rejected it, not because it wasn’t reasonable, it was because I am unreasonable. Remember that spoilt brat?

My outburst yesterday cracked my mask. Revealing a glimpse of the real me inside. I do get angry, I do get stressed, I do get upset, and I do hurt people. I am pretty stressed up with all the activities and deadlines, but that it is just an excuse, I would say.
It is the way I am. Like it or not, that’s me.

*I sincerely apologize to those I have offended yesterday - ls, rh and yq. I shouldnt have said certain things...

3 comments:

rh said...

It's okay, I'm not angry not offended...this is the third time I'm telling you this, it's okay =)
I know how it feels when emotions get out of control and we say things that we dont really mean...I did that in DotA many times and that's the main reason why I quit it, i sux big time lar har...haha.
But I REALLY REALLY didn't do that on purpose...I didn't see the question part of the SMS, really. Sorry for being blur...I was kinda stressed up by the tech comm tshirt stuff also - senior pushing me and bla bla bla...
Take things easy man...laugh more and sing out loud when life's getting tough =D

sp said...

hmm... yalor sometimes i think too much i get annoyed at things other ppl do lor... even though theres nothing wrong at all. i think its normal lar... to get angry and hurt ppl... especially when u r stressed and all. cos we r normal ppl rite... cant hide behind mask all the time so have to let our real self come out once in a while :)

sometimes life sucks but well... enjoy what u enjoy doing and try to find the fun part of what u dont like to do... all will pass and u'll get thru fine.

listen to nice songs and sleep! eat ice cream! oh and chocolate really really helps...

Victor Liew Chu Ern said...

haha..thanks rh for being so tolerant of me. Ya, after a while, I am starting to think that all these are very silly. Life has been always tough, and it will be tougher...so u're rite, I should smile more =)

oh ya...no wonder I was so annoyed that day coz I had little sleep, no ice-creams and no chocolates...thanks for the advice sp =)