Monday, September 8

Fear

Today's sermon in church is about fear. Fear is not uncommon to everybody but yet it is seldom addressed. Well, I have my fears also. This fear makes me want to take control of everything in my life.

Have you all ever heard of the story of the disciples of Jesus Christ in the boat? When a storm came, the disciples became afraid and they woke Jesus up on the boat fearing that they might die. Then Jesus, went and rebuked the storm and it became still. That is the story that came to my mind.

Well, most of Jesus' disciples are fishermen. So I guess if they're afraid it really means the storm is great.

Now, drawing back comparisons, it is not like my life is a storm now. In fact, I find myself drifting away in complacency, without any motivation to improve or do good to society.

I'm especially fearful when it comes to relationships (not just the romantic kind of relationships). One thing is for sure, that is to trust in God, knowing that He will provide all our needs. What does it mean? Giving up control and letting things be the way it is?

Tomorrow is going to be a better day. Although I still have lab reports to do, I'll make it a point to make time for other people as well, if they need my help or my company. haha...I have this fear of rejection as well.

No comments: