Tuesday, September 23

running without weariness

I just went for a run just now with Ivan and Eric. Initially I wasn't really planning on doing any exercise this week. I was more tied up with programming and circuit building. But anyway, I hit a dead end in my programming anyway, so I decided to go for it.

Running wasn't that easy as before. Although we ran at a quite comfortable pace throughout, I was feeling weariness, my muscles felt strained and I was gasping for air.

I couldn't help think about the last book of the chronicles of Narnia where all the children and the animals were running in the new Narnia. (The old Narnia was destroyed) They were running as fast as the unicorn (The speed of a horse I suppose) throughout the land. They were running so fast and yet not feeling a hint of weariness. And later on, being so filled with vigor and energy, they sped up to the point that they were as fast as flying. Imagine that. I would love to run at that speed and not grow weary.

Even the youths faint and get weary, and the young men utterly fall; But those who wait for Yahweh will renew their strength. They will mount up with wings like eagles. They will run, and not be weary. They will walk, and not faint.

No comments: