Thursday, October 30

When a friend/enemy called 'Problem' comes knocking(in an urgent and violent manner) on my door...

I mean, who doesn't have problems?

Well, as a Christian, there are so many Bible passages which talks about letting God solve your problems, e.g. 'Cast your burden upon the LORD and He will sustain you',..., 'Come to me, all of you who are weary and loaded down with burdens, and I will give you rest.',..., 'Throw all your worry on him, because he cares for you'...

Yesterday, Ivan was sharing in cg about how we could go to God first with our problems because He is the person who could solve all problems.

Saying is easy, but doing it is rather difficult, especially when it comes to pressing problems that affect me emotionally. Sometimes, problems do become enslaving. Surely I believe that God can solve all my problems. So why am I still being controlled by it when I have already submitted it to God?

Does God really hear me when I pray, or am I just talking to the wall? How I know that God is listening or am I just psyching up myself to believe it? How come I don't really feel God's presence? Am I really believing that God is much bigger than my problems? How do know God will answer? Or I'm just afraid that the answer God provides is not the answer I want? Doubts are always there...

I guess it boils down to faith in God. It is not based on feelings. But by believing. And that is not easy, when everything around seems to say the other thing, and when emotions clouds and overwhelms rationality. Even sometimes rationality seems to tell me the other thing, logic and common sense opposes as well...how to have faith??

So I guess faith in the person develops when we get to know the person more...So I guess I still need to know a lot more about God...

No comments: