Wednesday, May 27

To go or not to go?

Sometimes I don't understand my parents. Actually most of the time I don't. Last year while choosing the date of my return flight from Lyon to Singapore, I wanted to come back earlier but my dad said, "Just put it on the 10th July, like that you have more than 1 week to travel around Europe".

So now, after telling my parents my plans to travel to Budapest and to Berlin and to Barcelona, they suddenly feel uneasy.

"Who are you going with?"

"No one" I replied

"What!!? No friends?? All your friends in London, in Germany and those in France? Go traveling with them!"

"They have already gone back home. Most of them are not around."

"How about those people in France?" asked my dad

"Some have exams. The others don't want to go with me."

"Eh, traveling alone ar....You want to come back earlier?"

"What?! You last time said I should stay for 1 more week to travel. Now, you say come back?"

"I thought you have friends to travel with mar.."

"I came here alone, didn't I?"

"Aiya, I leave the decision to you la.."

"If you leave it to me, I'll be traveling then"

"Got other friends or not? Travel within France la. Go Paris?"

"Paris is not safe lo...France is in fact not as safe as the other countries"

"You decide lo..."

Sighs...this is always the strategy he uses...make me feel guilty. I guess they also miss me alot. But if not now, when??

Yeah, Budapest is not safe but it is still safer than JB. Berlin is not safe either, but it is still safer than London or Paris.

1 comment:

ls said...

nowhere on earth is safe anyway.