Friday, August 31

The quiet stillness

Dark corridors...

Silent walls...

The still air...

Its the perfect time for me to do my work. No disturbance, no disruptions, just distraction from my laptop.

Somehow, i just had to sit here and enjoy the calmness, the peacefulness.
No momentum to start work, no motivation to initiate it.

A serene night, with a tinge of loneliness.
mixed feelings...
sentimental...

Arrgghh!! it must be those jay chou songs playing repeatedly on my laptop.

安静- Its one of the first jay chou songs I ever heard. Yeah, when I first came to Singapore, it was Ho Wai's favourite song. I guess it was his influence that I began to like that song too. When ever I hear that song I was reminded of the first few months in Singapore. It was very much different then. Somehow, back then the future seemed brighter, or maybe I wasn't think much about the future.
Funny isn't it?

Well, what's even funnier, certain songs remind me of my secondary school days. Last time, I loved to play those Richard Clayderman songs. That was when I just started learning the piano. I was so anxious just learning more and more songs. (mainly to show off I guess) That time, all I ever looked forward was recess, PE, going back home after school and playing starcraft and red alert. Back then, badminton was what I always looked forward for.

Funny how the quietness of this room is working on my mind.

1 comment:

sp said...

i think that's why i dont like to sleep early...