Sunday, June 17

One step closer to become a singaporean...

Yes... Today, I had embraced the singaporean culture - queuing.this was the queue behind us while we were queuing up....

The queue was so long that we took about 1 hour and 10 mins to queue up. And for what did we queue up for? What was it that is worth waiting 1 hour and 10 mins?
Donuts !!!
more donuts
Donut factory
Their business was so good that they had to limit each customer to buy only 2 dozen.

The wait for donuts was so long that everybody would naturally tend to buy more because it is more worth it to buy, let say, 1 dozen of donuts so that they could keep till the next day after 1 tiring and long hour of queuing.

So, the joke comes in. Eric challenge me to buy just 1 donut. Buy just 1 donut after queuing for 1 ++ hours. Buy just 1 donut out of the 15 different flavours they have.

Imagine after queuing up for 1 hour, when the worker at the counter finally starts to take my order, I happily point my index finger indicating "1" to order my donuts.

The worker would probably ask me "Are u ordering 1 dozen donuts ? " then I would say "just 1 donut". Then the worker would be shocked and the bakers behind the counter would drop their trays of freshly baked donut in shock!

who on earth would queue up for 1 hour just to buy 1 donut.

But anyway, the donuts are nice. And I bought 1 dozen in the end.



No comments: