Friday, December 18

Remember

Since coming back from France, I have been drawn into the whole dynamics of a healthy busy university lifestyle. Hardly have I felt the need to just stop and remember and reflect. I have tried to stop and reflect at the end of the day for a few days, I have made a few resolutions of reflection and reevaluation but I failed to keep it. I even requested Keren to do it with me but many times I forget to do it myself. I hope she's still doing it =) and I will resolve to do it from now onwards.

The theme of this camp was quite appropriately chosen because it is something we often choose not to do. We often choose to forget the past because it may be painful. Well for me, pain did not keep me from remembering but rather it was laziness. To a certain extent, I live life at the present.

Claire Bennet in Heroes once said, 'We have to remember who we were before we know who we want to be'. That phrase make sense to me. Yup, so I'll start my journaling today. Pick up the pieces from the past. I learnt that the God of the Bible does really emphasize a lot on remembering, listening, learning, teaching and obeying.

Help me remember.

No comments: