Friday, July 17

Updates..

I went for my first and last VCF Freshman Orientation Camp (FOC) last week. I was quite sick then. While I was signing up for it I was secretly hoping that they would not allow me to attend the camp coz I was having sore throat and flu. Now the camps have a lot of H1N1 regulations. Haha, the only reason I attended this camp was because I was in the exco.

The first day was not that bad. When I just arrived, I was wearing the wrong color. Apparently the OGLs are supposed to tell the group wat color to wear, I didnt receive the sms (Well, it was because I signed up on a Friday and the camp starts the following Monday) So, I was in brown when everyone else was in black.

But somehow on of the OGL recognised me and said "you're Victor right?" I was a bit surprised, the OGLs dun have my name in the group. Somehow, she said you were in Anntic camp right? Haha...Not bad people actually do recognise me =) Anyways, she also shared once during the sharing that anntic camp was quite good. Haha...I guess I'll share this with the next anntic comm people.

Anyways, I met my 2 of my exco members during the icebreaker games in the camp. One of them was like "Oh! So you're the Victor in Exco!!". Well that is because I never attended a single exco meeting till now.

So, during the games sessions, I was like playing like crazy. Our group actually did cheers. I was quite high also while playing hai dai hai dai. The trick was to shout super loud and scare the other party. So I tried and I shouted quite loud at my OG mates. Then they made me a secret weapon and wanted to play me against girls only. Then, when my turn came to play with a girl, the girl in the opposite girl told me to be gentlemanly. And everyone won against me coz when I couldnt bear to shout at those girls coz they look so small and fragile. LOL....

I learnt quite alot from the freshies during the discussion sessions. They were so optimistic and so idealistic. Yup, I got to learn more from their positive outlook. They all seem so eager to enter their uni life and live it for God. If only I had their convictions. hahaha...

For the last day of the camp, I participated in the group skit. I was told to be dressed as a muscle man. It was quite embarassing. I really didnt want to do it. But some some voice was telling me, "just try it once. It is your last chance coz it is your final year". Usually, I always play a low profile part in my skit. Haha...although embarrassing our group won and because we had family values in our skit.

Yup, I can say in this camp, I bonded quite well with my groupmates. Looks like in the end, although I went to the camp reluctantly, I left it reluctantly also. Haha.. I had fun.


PS: Ok I've updated my blog, now it is your turn =)

2 comments:

Jason said...

Whoa sounds fun! Never had that sort of stuff since like JC1.

Pck said...

Haha...perhaps it is time to join one camp...It is our last year d...unless u wanna take masters.