Wednesday, February 4

A free day at Louvre!!

Last Sunday, the entrance for le Musee du Louvre was free. Being an opportunist, I went to Paris a day earlier than planned just to coincide with that day. After traveling for 2 hours and a half, I reached Louvre.


Notice the inverted pyramid has rainbows in it just like multiple prisms. Notice also the crowd.

This is the Grand entrance of Louvre. The famous pyramid. This is were I ate my lunch also.

Do not get me wrong, the subject here in this picture is not the Mona Lisa. It is the people scrambling to take a picture of the Mona Lisa. Being the most valuable painting here, it was guarded by 2 guards behind a bullet proof glass and partitioned by wooden barriers to prevent people from getting too near.


More people trying to take the picture of the Mona Lisa...

Yes, the subject of my pictures are the people. The big museum was crowded, crowded and more crowded. I didn't finish even one section of Louvre for my whole afternoon. When my friends said they gone through Louvre in 3 hours, I couldn't believe it...

Haha...anyways, it was a good experience. Although the place was extremely crowded (and I saw so many Asians... Is this Paris or is this like Asia?) I think everyone had the same idea of visiting the Louvre-when it is free.

No comments: