Sunday, February 10

A feast!!

Chinese New Year just ended for me, and school starts tomorrow. This new year, I really had a feast! (Ya, ya, there goes Victor and his talk about food again...)

Yesterday night, I had a RM600 feast at desaru. Its the most expensive meal I've eaten so far. First dish is yu sheng (A dish which I never eaten before I came to Singapore). After that, it is followed by some herbal soup with fish bladder, sea cucumber, black chicken and some chinese herbs. The soup is pretty thick and it looks rich. Next, some sprouts cooked with abalone in some kind of sauce (I think some superior thick sauce or something). A big steamed pompret fish follows. Along with another dish of some kind of vegetable, mushrooms, squids and scallops. The scallops were big and juicy. After that, we had small lobsters in some thick cream which according to my aunt, is some thick stock made from lobsters( I think). The sauce was so thick and creamy and good. heavenly. Next, there was duck cooked with sea cucmber. After that Chili crabs. The dessert was yam and sweet potatoes in some yellow cream (I think corn syrup) and longans in ice.

The only thing bad about this feast was when I had a stomach cramp while eating the pomfret. It really spoiled my appetite and I couldn't eat the remaining dishes . Well, I did try to eat those dishes sparingly, or else its an utter waste coz most of those things I have never tried in my 21 years.

Well, today I had another feast. I just came back to singapore and we went to a Japanese restaurant and ate sushi and japanese food to our hearts content. My aunt's treat! Yay! For dinner, we went to my uncle's house for some foo chou dishes.

Ya, I really ate till I couldn't eat any more today...

No comments: