Saturday, April 25

when wandering eyes grow weary...

Since when I was young, I pursued whatever fascinates me. I went for popularity with my friends, academic results, excellence in sports, excellence in computer games, playing musical instruments, etc, etc...

Somehow, now in my later stages of University life, I realised I had no real vision. I was just going with whatever I like at the moment. For example, last time I wanted to go overseas so much that I wanted to go for an exchange. And then, suddenly now, I find myself here in Lyon.

So, what am I supposed to achieve here? Travel around and see the world? Learn a new language? Adapt to a foreign lifestyle? Educate myself with their education system? Make new friends? Take more photos at tourist attractions?

Why did I even take engineering in the first place? Since I was young, I had only one ambition drilled in my mind, to be a doctor. (probably due to the influence of my parents who always wanted me to be a doctor) In the end, electrical engineering, and that was according to what my father had suggested. Whether I like it or not, I would say, no not really. I don't hate it also except when the work given becomes unreasonable.

The point I'm getting to is, I'm doing everything right now according to what I wanted(or had wanted at a certain point in time). There is no fixed vision, there is no direction, just going wherever my wandering eyes land on.

I came across this poem recently...
Since mine eyes have looked on Jesus,
I've lost sight of all beside,
So enchained my spirit's vision,
Gazing on the crucified.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Does anyone know where I can find free online grant applications?